Well, I've done the exact opposite.
I was fed up of waiting months for my hair to grow, only to have my hairdresser lop off all the hard work my poor little head had done! Plus, I always had so many split ends after just a few months! I decided to go on hair cutting strike and it was about the best decision I've made. I haven't had it cut in almost a year now. it was just over shoulder length then and it comes to just below my elbows now, longer when straight. My hair is longer, stronger and healthier than I think it's ever been.
|My ends...not looking too bad if I do say so myself :P|
Here's my steps:
1. Don't have those split ends cut off! Persevere, it will be worth it in the end.
2. When you wash your hair add extra conditioner to the ends and leave it all on for 5/10 minutes before rinsing - it will make a world of difference!
3. Invest in a good nourishing moisturiser/hair mask (I use label.m Intensive Mask from Toni&Guy £12.50) and use this only on the ends once every two weeks.
4. Take vitamins, these really help with keeping your hair shiny and healthy!
5. Enjoy long, beautiful, unbroken hair!