There's been a cry for nail art on my blog and I've been having lots of fun trying it out over the last few weeks. I've also discovered that I just can't do it on my own nails, I'm so shaky handed and not artistically inclined that any tricky designs I try just go wrong!
But, it does mean that I've been practicing with foolproof but pretty nail art designs. Using my sister as a guinea pig - here's the first success so far! A cute Easter mani!
Here's the polishes I used to create this look - Models Own Top Turquoise, Claire's Pink, Barry M Mint, Barry M Blueberry Ice Cream, Barry M Purple.
The only other things I used to create this were good old tape and scissors!
- Paint each nail a different colour
- Wait for them to dry thoroughly
- Add a top coat (if you want extra staying power)
- Cut a shape in some Sellotape and stick it to your nail
- Paint over in a second colour
- Carefully pull off the tap
- Admire your skilful work ;)
My personal favourite is the pinky finger. It's given me inspiration to try another idea now too! :) I'll have to find a willing guinea pig when I get back to uni! I think my academic daughter makes a good candidate - she has to do what I say, I'm her Mum ;)
What do you guys think? ♥