Here's what you'll need if you'd like to recreate this look:
Black (Babes - Glitz and Glam), Green (Rimmel - I ♥ Lasting Finish: 236 Green Grass), Red (MUA Shade 4) nail polishes, scissors, tape and some sort of dotting tool (mine is completely make-shift: I used a perfume diffuser stick).
Step One: Paint 2 coats of red and leave to dry for as long as possible.
- Cut the tape into small strips that will fit along your nail.
- Leave a small gap, as if you're doing a french manicure.
- Paint the tip green then carefully remove the tape to leave a nice line.
- Leave this to dry thoroughly
- Apply a top coat to seal the design (I didn't do this)
Sorry they're a bit messy - I was rushing to pack at the same time as doing this so I kept smudging my hard work :(
- Use a dotting tool to make the seeds - helps if you have a steady hand (unlike me)!!
- Try to make a relatively symmetrical pattern
- Paint with top coat to seal design (I didn't have time!)
- Admire your finished result!
I took this semi awkward photo to show you that even though I have the art skill of a 4 year old - it still looks great from a distance!! This design really can be done by anyone. I got quite a few compliments later that day - so as long as I don't look too closely at my nails I'm really proud of my work! :D
What do you guys think? If you try it please leave your links in the comments! ♥
**EDIT: The more I stare at both my nails and this post, the more I keep mistaking them for watermelons. Thanks to Heather for officially confirming my fears :( Even my friend Bri was excited that I "finally tried to do the watermelon nails". Clearly I was right about my horrible art skills... Strawberry... Watermelon... Tomayto... Tomahhto. Meh.